WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

17 May 2009

Quotes from Facing the Giant

"Your actions will always follow your beliefs."

"
Coach: I prayed so hard, but I still can’t seem to win.
Mr. Bridges: I heard of a story of two farmers praying to God for rain to come. Both prayed but only one prepared the land. Who do you think trusted God more to send the rain?"

This so relates to me in so many ways right now. I have the know-how to have God send me the rain, I just haven't done my part, I have not prepared my fields the proper way. And so, I am dedicating myself to do just that - I need God to send me rain and I certainly cannot expect him to do it when I'm almost doing my part, it just means that He can only "almost" send me blessings. What a great eye opener!

"Never give up. Never back down. Never lose faith."

Grant Taylor: I want God to bless this team so much people will talk about what He did. But it means we gotta give Him our best in every area. And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him. Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes. So I'm askin' you... What are you living for? I resolve to give God everything I've got, then I'll leave the results up to Him. I want to know if you'll join me.

Grant Taylor: With God, nothing is impossible.
--Facing the Giants

Think about, REALLY THINK ABOUT what this means. What does this mean to you? I think it is natural for us to lean towards the world, towards man to increase our capacity in all our areas of life - when God has placed before us numerous resources to get through everything and anything we may be going through. It should be natural for us to lean towards God, lean towards Jesus and His teachings. This is the good news.

I often think about something one of our former home teachers expressed one night. The scriptures talk much about faith, and many people from the scriptures had a pure faith that literally made the scripture For with God nothing shall be impossible come to pass. Where is our faith? What do we need to do to work on our faith and make that scripture come to pass in our own lives. What do we need to do to strengthen our testimony?

One of my favorite books is Believing Christ by Stephen E. Robinson. Many of us believe IN Christ, but do you BELIEVE CHRIST? Do you believe his teachings and the powerful affect that it can have upon your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION