WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

12 May 2009

Doing Our Part

You know, everyone is at different points in their life - but the movie I mentioned earlier in another post (Facing the Giant) will either get you moving in the right direction or continue your endeavors in the right direction. It was just a great reminder in the midst of our trials, that God is good, that we need to praise him no matter what, and He will come through for us!

Which reminds me of something someone commented on in Sunday School this past Sunday. I liked what he said. He said that if we do our part, we will be blessed. This is God's promise to us, if we do our part, we will be blessed. He was specifically talking about tithing this time, but it really goes for anything --- if we "almost" pay our tithing, we "almost" get blessed. If we almost do our part, we almost get blessed. Those blessings are ours, and God is so ready to give them to us, but we must do our part! Another comment from a mother said that her 7 yr old asked one day about what they'd do as a family if they became poor. Her mother's reply was that she wasn't worried about that, because as long as they were paying their tithing the Lord would bless them, they would get through just fine. What is interesting is that she wanted to pay more in her weekly tithing than is required of us, her thinking in this is that if she did more than her part, she would be doubly blessed. What a great lesson to us from a child! I think often times we become the student and our children become the teacher. They have some amazing thoughts to share with us, such strength in their testimonies that are starting to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION