WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

12 May 2009

Happy (belated) Mother's Day

"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels. To you mothers in Israel we say God bless and protect you, and give you the strength and courage, the faith and knowledge, the holy love and consecration to duty, that shall enable you to fill the fullest measure the sacred calling which is yours. --David O. McKay"

"One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these to sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice in service, are as one. --Thomas S. Monson"

For a long time, mother's day was a hard day for me - having had several miscarriages. But over time, even before I had my children, I realized that mother's day isn't just for mother's who had their own children. Mother's day was for every woman out there that had a positive influence in a child's life. Womanhood is a marvelous part of being a woman, which rolls into being a mother. So, though I desired children at the time, and I did not receive them - I was still a mother at heart and that was an incredible "finding" for me. So next to that, now in my life, I have 2 handsome boys in my life, miracles, they are my joy! And I do enjoy mother's day a great deal - because they are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION