WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

23 April 2009

He Loves Us

I am not perfect. I have weaknesses. I try and make my weaknesses become strong. I have made mistakes, some the same more than once. And it has been at those times that I have felt [even though, I know that my Heavenly Father has forgiven me], that perhaps my quota has been up on saying "I'm sorry." I know that the atonement doesn't work that way. I know that I am harder on myself than others are, and sometimes it is harder to forgive yourself than it is for our Father in Heaven to forgive us of our shortcomings.

I also think about the comparison of as a parent we know what is best for our children, and sometimes our children don't understand why they need to go to bed at a certain hour. They may resist, they may do everything they can under the sun to delay because for them, they are just not ready to go to sleep. As a parent, we love our children and we know they need sleep to be at their best emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Sometimes, our children don't know understand why we do what we do, but it is for the good. God or Heavenly Father does the same for us, His children ~ sometimes we may not understand the trials we face, but we do because He knows us better and He loves us and He knows what we need to become our best.

This quote came to me from LDS Nuggets.com today ~ to me, it relates to the above thoughts.

"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "The Great Commandment", October 2007 General Conference

1 John 4:7–8

God is Love, Hymn #87

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION