WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

17 April 2009

Parents Must Set a Worthy Example

In many of the thoughts that are shared on a group I started for women of all denominations (On Wings of Faith), this one was posted by a member:

Parents Must Set a Worthy Example

"The Apostle Paul's statement to his beloved Timothy could well apply: `Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity' (1 Timothy 4:12)."Parents, live your lives in such a way that your children will find you an example worthy of emulation."

Thomas S. Monson, "Constant Truths for Changing Times," Liahona, May 2005, 21

There is a a quote by someone else, along the lines of the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. Our example is so important in the lives of others, especially our children. The home is the best place to learn about life. I often think about the many children who don't have the loving home that they should. I think about those children, and how it must affect their whole outlook on not only their life, but the world around them. And then I am grateful for the parents who do create the atmosphere in their home that embrace the opportunity to be that great example and to establish a foundation of love, of success, of positive spiritual & emotional guidance. What a difference it makes in our lives, the world around us, and our child's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION