WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

12 April 2010

Scripture Enlightening Moment

Last night, I read in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, Alma 24:30, it reads "And thus we can plainly discern, that after a people have been once enlightened by the Spirit of God, and have had great knowledge of things pertaining to righteousness, and then have fallen away into sin and transgression, they become more hardened, and thus their state becomes worse than though they had never known these things."

I think about this, in that we all sin, but if we fall into sin w/out repentance, and part of repentance is acknowledging the wrong (our own actions or not actions) in the first place. But even with the atonement, if a trial you're going through is a direct result of someone else we can still put these trials in the Lord's hands, do our best and move forward. I think sometimes people blame others even if it isn't their fault - either way, you have a choice not to stay in misery, you have a choice to leave it behind you, forgive, forget, and move forward. We've all been given a great gift of atonement, we have all be given the opportunity to choose a better path, through prayer and through the spirit or the holy ghost we can know truth, we can gain a testimony and we can move forward by nurturing. If we altogether stop nurturing, of course our strong testimony is going to falter, doubts will come, bitterness, hate, depression amongst so many other feelings that can either destroy our knowledge of truth or strengthen our knowledge of truth. And you know, truth will set you free esp if you choose to take that truth into your life and live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION