WELCOME! ~ A LITTLE ABOUT THIS BLOG...

For many years, I have collected and continue to collect quotes, thoughts, & stories. It gives me the opportunity to ponder, to meditate, and be inspired to greater heights. I have a passion for life, for my religion, for the goodness of life. Through all this, it has uplifted my soul, & made me stronger emotionally & spiritually.

I thought I would share with you, as well as my own random thoughts, testimony builders, a few funnies and so forth to also give you the same opportunity.

I do hope that you enjoy this blog... and feel free to comment ~ preferably positive thoughts, as this is what this blog is all about.

11 November 2009

Peace Offering --- Accepted

On November 9th, I shared some thoughts on "Taking the Higher Road" -- you may want to read this, so you understand what I am talking about here.

It's been three days after my peace offering to our neighbors, and today I got a knock on our door. It was the neighbor who I quarreled with, she had a plate of rice krispie treats, and this is what she said to me "This is my peace offering with you. We won't knock on your door anymore, we understand, as we also have kids. And we'll take care of the bikes. We want to not have contention between us either. We understand."

I can honestly say I was surprised. But through this experience, I have gained a testimony that when we follow in the footsteps of the teachings Jesus, the outcome in some way will be a good one. The response from our neighbor shows that she was touched by my act of kindness to her. She didn't have to make a plate of rice krispie treats, and take the courage to knock on our door, apologize and hand them to me, but she did. The outcome could have been good in so many different ways, the very fact that I had a spiritual renewal was a blessing. I always think about how we might plant seeds in people's lives. You can't choose the outcome, but you can plant the seed and they can choose to make that seed blossom now or in the future. The important part, is that you took the step, you took the higher road, you planted the seed. God is watching over us, and I know that He is pleased with us when we make good choices. It truly is simple, sometimes it feels hard, but it is simple. I am grateful for this experience, and I am grateful for the opportunity of planting a seed that blossomed. I would encourage you, if you're frustrated with someone, or something – take the higher road and you will be blessed for your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR INSPIRATION